Skip to main content

The Short and Sweet Escape 1 (Part 1)

Assalamualaikum people






So, here I am, lying on the bed, half awaken as I am pretty sure the jab by the doctor earlier this morning was really worked. I could  not sleep more as I think I was still excited, resulted from the short weekend getaway we had yesterday.

Last week, I was away from school for 3 days for Basketball Tournament of Pontian District in Kukup. It was an exhausted event and I could not help myself to sleep all the way on the bus to KL on that Friday night. All I know, I was in TBS around 12 and husband picked me to my brother's crib in Bandar Seri Putra.

After about 3 hours of sleeping, we woke up around 4.30 to catch our 6.40 am flight. We decided to park the car there and I think that would be the first and last time to do so as the fee parking was    CRAZYYY. Haha. 

So yay it was our first flight together. I was a frequent alone traveler ( Well, the flight attendant of MAS always used to treat me as an underage passenger. I took that as compliment as I always got extra food and ice cream on the board. hahaha) . But yeah, having the other half of you as your travelling partner was tremendously great. Haha. You can annoy each other all the times and you will feel the hours will be shorter. Owh yeah, you can annoy the people on the same lane too though. Hahaha.

Alhamdulillah, we managed to capture the sunrise on board. (We, read as my photographer for life) 



We touched down Penang airport at 7.40 a.m. We were a bit blur as this was our first journey together. No fixed plan, no reservation of whatsoever. Yeah we call this, pakai redah je. We were too busy with work these few weeks and this came out as the result. I was really grateful as we both just laughed at our ignorance and just stayed cool and wait for the bus to get away from the airport. The auntie on the rental car counter was really nice. We cancelled to rent from there as again, the price was CRAZYYY. Haha. But she told us to bring enough small change as the bus won't give the change. So she kindly give her RM1 notes and off we go to catch the 401E bus to Georgetown. Hahaha.

The first thing we did in Georgetown was taking the ferryy! I know I know. I was jakun. So what? Hahaha. We went to and fro and I love the sea breeze. The only thing I dislike was, there were too many foreigners flooded the ferry. We continued walking on foot for almost 20mins until we saw a trishaw passsed by. Hahahha. Again, I was jakun as this was my first time on the trishaw ride. Especially when those locals waved their hands as if we were real tourists.




Next, as were too tired, still without any plan, we headed out to Gloria Jeans Coffee somewhere near KOMTAR and having our dose of chillers. While resting and charging the phones, my heart was moved to ask the girl on the counter a question. Her face was really resembled Kak Picha ( She is my sister aka my employer back in Palmy and Hamilton. Coz I remember Kak Picha was from Northen part so the girl might be her relative by chance. Hahah) I kept asking the husband few times. Should I approach her? Or shoudn't I? So yeah, I simply went to her and here was the conversation.

Me : Do you happen to Puteri Farisa? Em she is my friend back in NZ and she is from Northen part of Malaysia. Your face is exactly like and I just wonder if you are her relative by chance. Hahaha *buat muka tak malu tanya*

Her : Nahh. I am not from here. I am just working here. I am from Malacca.

Me : Its okay then. Anyway, we are from KL and basically we plan walk around Penang. Do you happen to have any contact for cheap car rental as we are under tight budget. 
*again, buat muka tak malu lagi*

Her : Okay. You just have a sit first and I will call my uncle. He has cars to rent. Dont worry. I will help you out :)

Me and husband : *star jump*

So, alhmdulillah. I learnt new thing there. Always follow your heart. I don't even know her name. We just called her Along as her uncle addressed her that. So, we get a car, a big car. The uncle said you just pay whatever you have in the pocket. See? Can you imagine how great these two people are? Alhamdulillah again, we met beautiful people again. Along even spent her time telling us where we should go and do around the island. If she did not go back to Malacca on that night, she was willing to be our tourist guide. I thought she was just doing her part time there, instead, she is the Assistant Manager of the Cafe at the age of 23. Ko ada?



So, since we had a car, we drove all around the island. Passed by Batu Feringghi, and tell you what, we already crossed the place. Not because of the place. I am very sure it is an amazing beach. But I could not bare looking at MILLIONSSSS of foreigners there and caused the traffic to be so bad. So, bye bye Batu Feringghi. There goes our plan to stay there.

We just drove in and had breathtaking view around Balik Pulau and finally we were back to heart of the city. The husband decided to stay in the city and alhamdulillah, we managed to find a deluxe suite within our budget. Yayy. Hahaha. After we secured a suite, we went out to feel the night life of Penang. I would say it 25% of Wellington at night. Seriously. The bars, the foreigners (foreigners earlier mean workers, and foreigners here means the white men) and the cool breeze really reminded me of Welly night life. We had our dinner, we walked around a bit and went back to the hotel and called it a day :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Announcing the arrival of my first anak sedare =D

Assalamualaikum Baby's name : Faiq Adnin bin Mohd Faizan Weight : 3.3 kg T.O.B : 9.43pm (operation) D.O.B : 17th October 2008 Isn't he adorable? =D

Cikgu Elun?

Assalamualaikum The kid:what is rumah panjang, kak elun? Me: err..its like a row of houses..long houses..where more than 40 families live under the same roof..but then they have divider for each house..we can find it in Sabah or Sarawak, but not in Semenanjung The kid: What is Sabah, kak elun? *cane nk jawab ek* Me:err..its ok..one day, I will bring the Malaysia map and we will learn some places in Malaysia, ok? Well, that was part of the conversation we had today. I have to teach Bahasa Melayu to this eight year old kid. I would say his mother tongue is New Zealand English because he was born here, in Kiwi land. Since then, he went back to Malaysia just for a few times. So, it is understandable if he could not speak malay as the other malay kids at his age.Its quite fun though, because usually you learn english and have to translate it to malay in order to make you understand. But, in this situation, I have to translate the Malay word to the English word. Its like the other way around

2013 in a wrap!

Assalamualaikum people Life has been busy, life has been great All praises to Him for every second blessed with rahmah Alhamdulillah So its 2014 tomorrow. Lets recap what had happened along these amazing months in 2013. January 1. Celebrated my man's birthday for the first time, hundreds kilometers away of course. He was in Kuantan and I was in Johor. 2. Both of us were excited as he got an offer letter to a new workplace in KL, which means, we were getting closer in distance. February 1. During the Chinese New Year Break, we went to Tekam Plantation Resort together with his family. It is a great place for a short getaway from city. It is really cold early in the morning as the place is surrounded by hundreds trees and somehow I felt like I was not in Malaysia. 2. On the 4th February ( SEMSAS 9802), my man is officially working in an oil and gas company in the heart of Kuala Lumpur city. So, good bye to the idea of settling down in Kuantan. Hellooooo KL! In the meantime, we alterna