Skip to main content

Aprilicious 2014

Assalamualaikum people.
It has been almost four months since the last post.
Life has been easier, and of course tougher due to stuff at work.
Being me, it took me quite some time to blend in a new place.
May Allah eases everything and I take it as a challenge to myself.
I have been too pampered in my comfort zone so yeah.
Before I forgot, I would love to jot down few things that happened within this four months of my new adventure of life - as a wife, as a daughter, as a new teacher and as a normal human being.


January

1. On the very first day of the year, we had challenged ourselves to go on hiking up to Bukit Tabur. Well, we did not plan that. We just wanted to joinour photographer friend, Syib to take pictures of the new year. He did not tell us the height and the condition of the peak though. Put the blame on us, who were too lazy to google up and read something about it. We were like, emm sounds as easy as Broga Hill, so why not? So yeah, we woke up at 2.30 a.m and met Syib and another 2 friends of his at 3pm and started the horrendous hiking. Hahaha. Without any physical and mental preparation, we managed  to reach the peak, to watch the majestic sunrise on the first day of 2014. The feeling was undescribeable as the we watched the golden sun went out from the middle of spread of peaks and hills. The magnificent view worth all the scratches all over my body. Haha. I wont forget this hiking for the rest of my life as I had to climb almost 90 degree stones, with nothing to hold on, other than my man's hand. He even lifted me, up to some point, due to my shortness and my hands and legs could not reach anything. So I would say, this would be our first and last trip to Bukit Tabur. Period.


2. My baby sister, Ica is married on the 11th of January to her man of her life or we call him Din. It was an emotional weekend for me, as it was not easy for me to take the day off. As a new teacher, plus the rules, and plus the strict principal, those really did not help at that point of time. I cried few times, as I could not be there at home, as long as I want, due to school day. So, Ica, I am truly sorry for not being there, as much as you did when I was getting married. In return, I pray all the happiness in the world will be yours and may you live happily ever after with your husband.


February

1. I cant really figure out what happened in February. All I remember was Ain is hitched to her husband.

2. Owh yeah, I was almost diagnosed dengue! It was among the scarriest part of my life, as I could not do anything, apart from lying down and sleeping for 5 consecutive days, due to the extremely high temperature of my body. My man had been so sweet to take a day off, and brought me to a movie date on my 4th day of sickness, as I could not take it to stay in the house all day. Since it was weekday, there were only us in the theatre and I felt like my man had booked the whole cinema just for the two of us. Lol. Well, it worked as I felt better and had my 5th day rest before I started working on the next day. Let us be careful about this dengue and aedes thing as I did not want to go through the same situation again. It hurts a lot as your temperature keeps going up, and you are not sweating at all. So the heat stuck up in your head and you will feel like your head is exploding due to extreme heat. 


3. Right after I was kind of okay from the scarry fever, Hani, our first guest, came all the way from Kedah, slept in our small apartment. We spent the whole weekend with the laughing theraphy. We also 'accidently' bought the same tickets to the same destination later in September. Aahhh I can't wait for September to come fast!

April


1. There are too many activities going on in the school. However, I could not be bothered to write about my work stuff. I just want to write about positive things and stuff that makes me happy. Hahahah. I am in denial, I know.

2. Anyway, I had the best birthday celebration so far. For the first time in my life, someone sent a bouquet of flowers to my workplace. Well, it felt nice when the colleagues and the students saw the bouquet and wished me. Not just that, my man planned to spend the weekend in Cherating, a holiday we longed since forever. We never been out to anywhere since earlier this year, other than balik kampung and stay at home routines. So yeah, this sweet and short escape really meant a lot to us. Thank god for an event held in my school on Saturday, I got a day off on Monday. So my man took a day off and off we rushed to Cherating. We met our SEMSAS clans, his Cryovac friends, my Palmerston North family and had a really great laughing theraphy with all of them. Thank you for having us, and we will definitely come back to Kuantan, our historical place. The place we met. Konon2 lah. Hahaha. So thank you to you too my man. I love you more. Eheh


So alhamdulillah for every single thing in my life and I could not ask for more.
May all of us, our parents and family, are blessed with health, wealth and happiness here and Hereafter, insyaAllah. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Announcing the arrival of my first anak sedare =D

Assalamualaikum Baby's name : Faiq Adnin bin Mohd Faizan Weight : 3.3 kg T.O.B : 9.43pm (operation) D.O.B : 17th October 2008 Isn't he adorable? =D

Cikgu Elun?

Assalamualaikum The kid:what is rumah panjang, kak elun? Me: err..its like a row of houses..long houses..where more than 40 families live under the same roof..but then they have divider for each house..we can find it in Sabah or Sarawak, but not in Semenanjung The kid: What is Sabah, kak elun? *cane nk jawab ek* Me:err..its ok..one day, I will bring the Malaysia map and we will learn some places in Malaysia, ok? Well, that was part of the conversation we had today. I have to teach Bahasa Melayu to this eight year old kid. I would say his mother tongue is New Zealand English because he was born here, in Kiwi land. Since then, he went back to Malaysia just for a few times. So, it is understandable if he could not speak malay as the other malay kids at his age.Its quite fun though, because usually you learn english and have to translate it to malay in order to make you understand. But, in this situation, I have to translate the Malay word to the English word. Its like the other way around

2013 in a wrap!

Assalamualaikum people Life has been busy, life has been great All praises to Him for every second blessed with rahmah Alhamdulillah So its 2014 tomorrow. Lets recap what had happened along these amazing months in 2013. January 1. Celebrated my man's birthday for the first time, hundreds kilometers away of course. He was in Kuantan and I was in Johor. 2. Both of us were excited as he got an offer letter to a new workplace in KL, which means, we were getting closer in distance. February 1. During the Chinese New Year Break, we went to Tekam Plantation Resort together with his family. It is a great place for a short getaway from city. It is really cold early in the morning as the place is surrounded by hundreds trees and somehow I felt like I was not in Malaysia. 2. On the 4th February ( SEMSAS 9802), my man is officially working in an oil and gas company in the heart of Kuala Lumpur city. So, good bye to the idea of settling down in Kuantan. Hellooooo KL! In the meantime, we alterna