Skip to main content

2013 in a wrap!


Assalamualaikum people
Life has been busy, life has been great
All praises to Him for every second blessed with rahmah
Alhamdulillah
So its 2014 tomorrow.
Lets recap what had happened along these amazing months in 2013.

January
1. Celebrated my man's birthday for the first time, hundreds kilometers away of course. He was in Kuantan and I was in Johor.

2. Both of us were excited as he got an offer letter to a new workplace in KL, which means, we were getting closer in distance.

February
1. During the Chinese New Year Break, we went to Tekam Plantation Resort together with his family. It is a great place for a short getaway from city. It is really cold early in the morning as the place is surrounded by hundreds trees and somehow I felt like I was not in Malaysia.

2. On the 4th February ( SEMSAS 9802), my man is officially working in an oil and gas company in the heart of Kuala Lumpur city. So, good bye to the idea of settling down in Kuantan. Hellooooo KL! In the meantime, we alternately took 5 hours bus ride each weekend so that we could meet each other. Hehe

3. Its Umi's 57th birthday yayy!

4. My primary schoolmates had organized a small gathering in Ledang of Nusajaya. I was supposed to come with my man, but he had orientation so I had to come alone. It was a pleasant meeting, despite the small number of people who came. Thanks Odah and the gang for the effort.

March
1. It was school holidays, and we bought a ticket to Europe during the Matta Fair in PWTC. It was a hectic holidays as we had to rush back and forth to JB and KL since my cousin and his best friend got married on the same weekend.

April
1. My birthday month, and my man decided to kind of celebrate it in Penang. It was our first flight together, and the first trip too. It was too short, and we were hoping for a second round. Hehe. For the first time, I took the Monday morning flight and since then, it became a routine as it was doable and I could reach my workplace right on time.

2. My class 2 Anggerik was so sweet as they planned a surprise birthday party for me on the day itself. Sadly, I was on MC and the surprise surprised them as I did not turn up at school on that day. They even asked their moms to prepare dishes like meehun goreng, and all other food. I showed up on the next day, and they only left with 2 cakes. Thank you loves :')

3. At school, we won the district title again for second year in a row for my netball team. And I never knew that was the final winning for me, together with my dato' team.

May
1. I applied for a transfer to Putrajaya and it was rejected. It was hurt at first as we were actually getting tired of traveling each weekend. It was fun, however, sometimes we felt we need more rest on weekends, not rushing to catch the flight back and forth. It was even hurt when 2 of my good friends at school application for transfer was approved. Well, I did recover within few days and life back to normal after that. 

2. Its the 13th General Election. Its kinda scarry so I waited till midnight to see the result on 
tv.

June
1. School holidays yayyy! So we took our first flight out of the country together to Seoul, Korea. It was fresh and luscious spring and the view of the gardens was amazingly breathtaking. We spent about 5 days in Korea and managed to meet my friend Yana, whose husband is working there, and Emi, my nephew, who is studying in Incheon.

July
1. Alhamdulillah it was fasting month, and still we made an effort to meet during the weekends, without fail. When we were a bit tired, we would remind ourselves that somewhere in the future, we would miss this moment. So for the time being, we had to enjoy and appreciate it.

2. Yus was successfully delivered a beautiful angel of Faiha Nurdini, which makes the 4th grandchild of Umi and Ambok. 3 days before that, Muhammad Zamir Imran, the bundle of joy of my cousin Izat and Nina, was delivered too. Welcome to the world, beautiful babies!

August
1. Our first raya together and we celebrated it in Kuala Lipis. As the relatives there live closer to each other, we only need day 1 of Hari Raya to complete all houses. We even went to our friends house on the second day. And on the third day, we drove early in the morning from Kuala Lipis to catch 10am flight to Johor Bahru to continue our raya celebration. It was an emotional raya though. Having spent raya for years outside the country was actually not a guarantee that you wont be having emotional breakdown for missing your family. But it was just for a few minutes. Blame the hormones I reckoned. Hehe

September.
1. Our month. So yeah, happy 365th day, my man.

2. Our cousin, Lan was getting hitched to Nisa on our beautiful date, hence came the surprise planned by the bride and groom, right before the cutting cake ceremony of theirs. Thank you cousin. It was so sweet of you. Hahahah.

3. I was done with the application for transfer again, and have to wait for the result at the end of the year.

October
1. I was invigilating PMR for the first time. I never knew it was really tedious, and tiring too.
 
November

1. It was Zahdah's wedding on the long weekend of Deepavali holidays.

2. We have been waiting for this month like forever. Its the trip to Europe! On the 21st of November, we were on board to Paris via Abu Dhabi. I need a proper entry to write my 10 days trip to Europe, which I do not know when I will. Hahaha

December
1. On the 15th month of our marriage ( yup, we love 15 so much hahaha ) finally, my application for transfer has been approved. On top of that, we received the news right before we were playing with the snowflakes somewhere in Zuffennhausen, Germany. I would never forget that beautiful moment in my life. Ever.

2. Goodbye SMK Dato Penggawa Barat. Hello SMK Taman Melati! The bosses are all ladies and so far everything is great alhamdulillah. I will be teaching Form 2 and Form 4 English. 

3. Well, the transfer thing is not easy though. Post holiday blues made it even worse. The pressure while house hunting for the best one was also added to the frame. Alhamdulillah, Allah made it easy for us and finally, here I am, writing the entry, on our new couch, in our small little cute hut. 


After 15 months of living hundreds kilometres away, now we are living under the same roof. 
It won't be easy at first, I know that, but I believe, we will appreciate each other more as we have gone through so many things throughout the distance that separates us.
May Allah bless our home, our marriage, our family and friends, our life, here and hereafter, with rahmah wa mawaddah, insyaAllah.
Pray for us, people :)


Comments

zulhelmi said…
Haha i want a list of this kind, tapi banyak benda tak catat, so tak ingat. sesal2. Happy new year!
Mine is not as WOW as yours!
I spent half of last year reminding myself that I am among the chosen one to have ZA, my sick ZA, spent 1 quarter of 2013 to get back on my feet and realized that ZA is not sick, she's just too special to be in this world, spent last 2 months of 2013 to remind myself that UA, ZA, my family, you & ur man, our frens, my frens, my business and everything including me myself are all belong to Allah and I just dont have lo love everything too much.
I left the year, but the pain decided to follow me!

Popular posts from this blog

Announcing the arrival of my first anak sedare =D

Assalamualaikum Baby's name : Faiq Adnin bin Mohd Faizan Weight : 3.3 kg T.O.B : 9.43pm (operation) D.O.B : 17th October 2008 Isn't he adorable? =D

Cikgu Elun?

Assalamualaikum The kid:what is rumah panjang, kak elun? Me: err..its like a row of houses..long houses..where more than 40 families live under the same roof..but then they have divider for each house..we can find it in Sabah or Sarawak, but not in Semenanjung The kid: What is Sabah, kak elun? *cane nk jawab ek* Me:err..its ok..one day, I will bring the Malaysia map and we will learn some places in Malaysia, ok? Well, that was part of the conversation we had today. I have to teach Bahasa Melayu to this eight year old kid. I would say his mother tongue is New Zealand English because he was born here, in Kiwi land. Since then, he went back to Malaysia just for a few times. So, it is understandable if he could not speak malay as the other malay kids at his age.Its quite fun though, because usually you learn english and have to translate it to malay in order to make you understand. But, in this situation, I have to translate the Malay word to the English word. Its like the other way around