Skip to main content

After A Decade

My last post was dated back in 2014. Time flies, now it is 2024. As the first post this year, I would love to recap what had happened along the year 2023, which was among the best years in my life alhamdulillah.

January – SPM 2022 season has started, while me being heavily pregnant, and advised by Dr Haliza, our doctor to take a break for 2 weeks before I deliver. So, yay 2 weeks of MC and got to rest well, while eating good food while people were going to work.

February – It was the highlight of the year, or decade I would say. The arrival of our most awaited girl of Wan Nuha Irene alhamdulillah. We felt like a first-time parent again, with additional hand of Zahin of course. Everything went smoothly alhamdulillah, until lil Nuha was hospitalised due to high and prolong jaundice, that I cried every night she was away. It was so hard, that I even cried when I was eating. 7 days with her, and suddenly she was not in my arms. I was miserable and alhamdulillah she was away for 2 days only and our life was complete again. Zahin was on school holidays so he has been a great helper since then.



March – Still in confinement mode, but happier and healthier. It was a right decision to hire a Confinement Lady that stays with you for almost a month and Kakak helped more than she should have done. Our bedsheet and towel were changed every other day, the house was sparkling clean. She even tidied up all our kitchen cabinet. I was never hungry as breakfast for us 3 was served as early as 7am, lunch, tea and dinner as well. That explained why I did not lose much weight compared to Zahin’s time of confinement. I ate well, slept and rest well, as Kakak will take care of Nuha when I was sleeping, after daily massage. My sister Yus came from Johor and our Lipis family were all here too on weekends to visit us. Zahin was starting his Standard 3 in style with his new pink prefect outfit! It was the beginning of Ramadhan.





April – We had our Raya photoshoot for the first time of family of four, and celebrated my 38th birthday humbly. No more Kakak CL and Zahin as my helpers. I was lucky still that Wan could work from home on Fridays and Mondays. So I only left alone with Nuha for 3 days alhamdulillah. And its Raya and we celebrated in Pekan Nenas first this year. Yup, of course Nuha was the highlight as the last baby we had here was Faris 7 years ago. It was great to all the familiar faces we longed to see especially during this festive season. Went back to Kuala Lipis afterwards until early May.



May – The month I got shingles and it scarred my forehead until today. It was frustrated to know that the clerks did not submit my application for unpaid leave. My unpaid leave was finally approved while we were on board to our Europe trip on 22nd May. We bought a very last minute ticket, because we were contemplating whether we wanted to proceed or not, as we have 3 months old Nuha with us this time. Alhamdulillah, it was the best decision made and we had a blast during our 3 weeks road trip. Except from hating her carseat, Nuha was enjoying herself with the view, and all the freshest fruits I ate through her milk. All of us were in great health condition during the trip and I would say it was one of the best trips we had.



June – We were still in Swiss early June, at our favourite place ever, Engelberg. It was a small village that have everything you need. Our Airbnb here was the most expensive ones but it was all worth it. If only I could bring back the fresh air, the clean blue river, the snowcapped Titlis mountain even it was summer. The Coop grocery store was within 5 minutes walking distance and it opens as early as 7am and Wan would go there every single morning we were there just to buy fresh milk and cheap fruits. Our flight back home was on 10th June and I was still on holiday, enjoying my unpaid leave. My constant worry for the day were only, what dress should Nuha wear today? When was her last milk session? How long was her last nap? What should I cook for dinner today? Zahin and Wan would only be home around 6.30, after Zahin’s Kafa class ended so I have a whole day with Nuha to spend. Its only 3 days anyway as Wan was still WFH on Fridays and Mondays.




July – We had our Raya Haji in Lipis, and we went for a picnic at the river for the first time in forever. Nuha loves nature so much that she slept for quite some time under the tree, with the hustling sound of leaves and river flowing. 



August – It was my final month of unpaid leave. We planned to send Nuha for 2 weeks earlier so that she would learn to blending in, living in Mama’s house. Was I sad? No! Did I cry? No. I think 6 months were ample enough, as Nuha got to get full direct breastfeeding, as we planned alhamdulillah. Of course if were given choice, I want to add more months, but we have other commitments to pay and we have used some of our savings too. The Europe trip, the unpaid leave, and we are moving to a new house insyaAllah in 2024, so yup we need more money, hence I have to go to work. Plus, I miss my life as a teacher too, to be honest. 



September – I was slowly adapting my new routine. Woke up at 5, preparing Nuha’s milk and food that I have cooked earlier. I had to go out of the house at 6.30, drop Nuha at Mama’s and will arrive school around 7 or so. Our weekend was back to normal routine, one weekend at Johor, one weekend in Lipis and another 2 weekends are allocating for my school activities and resting at home.



October – One of our greatest fears showed up this month. Nuha got HFMD virus, when we got back from Lotus Desaru. She was having days of fever, but alhamdulillah the rash was only on her feet and her body. None on her hands and mouth. She was in constant need of milk of course, thanks for the Quarantine Leave that I had gotten for a week. She was okay after few days and we got extra days to relax before I starting work again. Zahin was not well too, that I had to bring him to my workplace twice this month.



November – Zahin started his badminton training with the new coach here in Masjid Tanah. He still going for soccer on Wednesdays and Thursdays, plus taekwondo on Monday nights. We would pass any practice if he said he was too tired and need more rest. We also passed a few belt grading events as we thought there was no rush in getting black belt. We just want him to have basic in kicking bad people in case of emergency hehe. 



December – It was Zahin’s birthday month and as usual, he celebrated twice at primary school and Kafa class. We also had another celebration in Johor and together with Lipis's side in our booked homestay on the very last day of 2023.


My wish for this year, apart from my small family, I wish my dad Ambok will be granted good health. He was not in his greatest shape, and that was my major worry since his health was deteriorating started in August. Started off with numb limb around his knee and tight, which made him really upset, and affected him mentally that he could not as much as he could previously. Alhamdullillah, he still can drive to the mosque for all 5 prayers every day. However, he becomes a bit fussy and sensitive that we all have to be extra patience in handling his mood. Poor my Ummi too, as she herself is having Rheumatoid Arthritis for 20 years this year, and had to deal with Ambok’s roller coaster emotion. I was thankful that my sister Ica and her family were living in the same house to look after both my parents. And my sister Yus would go back weekly from Pasir Gudang too. Me myself would take alternate weeks with my brother who lives in Bangi to go back as Ambok wants us to go back as frequent as possible. I was grateful for my uncles aunties and cousins who live nearby and far, that they always come and stop by to visit Ambok. May Ambok dan Ummi would be granted with great health in no time insyaAllah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Announcing the arrival of my first anak sedare =D

Assalamualaikum Baby's name : Faiq Adnin bin Mohd Faizan Weight : 3.3 kg T.O.B : 9.43pm (operation) D.O.B : 17th October 2008 Isn't he adorable? =D

Cikgu Elun?

Assalamualaikum The kid:what is rumah panjang, kak elun? Me: err..its like a row of houses..long houses..where more than 40 families live under the same roof..but then they have divider for each house..we can find it in Sabah or Sarawak, but not in Semenanjung The kid: What is Sabah, kak elun? *cane nk jawab ek* Me:err..its ok..one day, I will bring the Malaysia map and we will learn some places in Malaysia, ok? Well, that was part of the conversation we had today. I have to teach Bahasa Melayu to this eight year old kid. I would say his mother tongue is New Zealand English because he was born here, in Kiwi land. Since then, he went back to Malaysia just for a few times. So, it is understandable if he could not speak malay as the other malay kids at his age.Its quite fun though, because usually you learn english and have to translate it to malay in order to make you understand. But, in this situation, I have to translate the Malay word to the English word. Its like the other way around

2013 in a wrap!

Assalamualaikum people Life has been busy, life has been great All praises to Him for every second blessed with rahmah Alhamdulillah So its 2014 tomorrow. Lets recap what had happened along these amazing months in 2013. January 1. Celebrated my man's birthday for the first time, hundreds kilometers away of course. He was in Kuantan and I was in Johor. 2. Both of us were excited as he got an offer letter to a new workplace in KL, which means, we were getting closer in distance. February 1. During the Chinese New Year Break, we went to Tekam Plantation Resort together with his family. It is a great place for a short getaway from city. It is really cold early in the morning as the place is surrounded by hundreds trees and somehow I felt like I was not in Malaysia. 2. On the 4th February ( SEMSAS 9802), my man is officially working in an oil and gas company in the heart of Kuala Lumpur city. So, good bye to the idea of settling down in Kuantan. Hellooooo KL! In the meantime, we alterna