Skip to main content

Malaysia Day 2012


Malaysian Day 2012. 16th September 2012 was the reception day. I woke up with the abundance feeling of gratitude, of finally being someone’s wife. We had burasak for breakfast, but I still did not have the feeling to eat. Not even a single bit of burasak. I should not be that nervous as the nikah ceremony went well last night. But, thinking that there would be more people coming today, made me a little bit more nervous. 

Around 11am, our house was getting flooded with people. It was so much fun to see many faces that you longed to meet. I was touched to see everyone who came to my wedding. I could see all friends – from primary school, high school, ppou, palmy family and Hamilton family – were all there to celebrate the joy. Not to forget my colleagues and my students who were also there. One of the colleagues, Kak Zai was even met with a small accident in Pekan Nenas where her City was hit. Thank god everything was okay including her car which turned to original condition after she sent it to the workshop. I never expected that my wedding will be that congested! LOL. 

Anyway, after I ate 3 spoon of my own nasi minyak, taken by kak Nina, I was all set for the reception. Kak Lily started her job around 12 and done around 1. Before that, I have texted my husband to remind him to be here in my house before 1.30 so that Kak Lily could dress him, and we can bersanding on time. Well, things happened. He still did not come even it was almost 2. I started to worry and tense. All my friends around me asked to chill as they could see my not so happy face. Alhamdulillah few minutes after that he came and we bersanding around 2.30, half an hour late as scheduled. 

I wish I could entertain all my guests who made an effort to come. There were no enough words to thank to all of you who were there. The sad part of all was, we did not have time for outdoor as the guests were keep coming until 7pm. We did not feel that sad anyway, hey who would feel sad on their wedding day? Hihi. 

At night, as usual, the closest aunties uncles cousins nephews and nieces who live in front of my house came to help cleaning and clearing things. Something had happened which I would rather to keep it to myself. But yeah, it left something in my heart. At least I learnt a lesson and the husband got to see me cried for the first time in his life. Haha. After all the kemas-kemas session, they went home and that was pretty much how was I spent my 2012 Malaysia Day. 

Again, I could not thank enough for you who came all the way to be part of the crowd. May Allah blesses all of you and this marriage insyaAllah.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Announcing the arrival of my first anak sedare =D

Assalamualaikum Baby's name : Faiq Adnin bin Mohd Faizan Weight : 3.3 kg T.O.B : 9.43pm (operation) D.O.B : 17th October 2008 Isn't he adorable? =D

Cikgu Elun?

Assalamualaikum The kid:what is rumah panjang, kak elun? Me: err..its like a row of houses..long houses..where more than 40 families live under the same roof..but then they have divider for each house..we can find it in Sabah or Sarawak, but not in Semenanjung The kid: What is Sabah, kak elun? *cane nk jawab ek* Me:err..its ok..one day, I will bring the Malaysia map and we will learn some places in Malaysia, ok? Well, that was part of the conversation we had today. I have to teach Bahasa Melayu to this eight year old kid. I would say his mother tongue is New Zealand English because he was born here, in Kiwi land. Since then, he went back to Malaysia just for a few times. So, it is understandable if he could not speak malay as the other malay kids at his age.Its quite fun though, because usually you learn english and have to translate it to malay in order to make you understand. But, in this situation, I have to translate the Malay word to the English word. Its like the other way around

2013 in a wrap!

Assalamualaikum people Life has been busy, life has been great All praises to Him for every second blessed with rahmah Alhamdulillah So its 2014 tomorrow. Lets recap what had happened along these amazing months in 2013. January 1. Celebrated my man's birthday for the first time, hundreds kilometers away of course. He was in Kuantan and I was in Johor. 2. Both of us were excited as he got an offer letter to a new workplace in KL, which means, we were getting closer in distance. February 1. During the Chinese New Year Break, we went to Tekam Plantation Resort together with his family. It is a great place for a short getaway from city. It is really cold early in the morning as the place is surrounded by hundreds trees and somehow I felt like I was not in Malaysia. 2. On the 4th February ( SEMSAS 9802), my man is officially working in an oil and gas company in the heart of Kuala Lumpur city. So, good bye to the idea of settling down in Kuantan. Hellooooo KL! In the meantime, we alterna