Skip to main content

PMR 2013

I had been in this Chinese High School for 5 days of examination and these were few things I have learnt through my observation.

1. They do no have any cleaners. Each morning before class, during recess, and after class, the representatives of class will bring down their dustbin to the dumping area. And the school compound is very clean too.

2. Since they do not have cleaners to swipe the corridor and stairs, someone has to do it. Yes. Every morning before the school starts,  I can see some of the students swipe along the corridor, as well as the stairs. I think this is the coolest thing ever. It is sad enough because while the students here manage their own litter, at our normal school, some inconsiderate parents are complaining during the Parents Teachers Meeting. They say, they do not send their children to pick rubbish. I was like whaaatttt! Something is wrong with the parents I would say. 

3. I think 99% of the students are taking bus to school. During peak hours, I could not see the normal traffic jam that I would see in every school. More than 50 buses will be lining up and unloading the students each morning on the school compound. Less traffic congestion, and of course towards greener environment. Sometimes, I feel like I am in a tourist attraction spot as there are so many yellow buses!

4. They use different kind of short music to replace the bell. The music is different for each session - the morning bell, the interclass bell, the recess bell and the end of the school bell. The music is quite nice and joyful, and I am sure students will open their eyes if they are sleepy in the middle of the class. Hahaha. The best music I would choose is the recess music. It is the one you hear when the Paddle Pop ice cream uncle comes to your neighbourhood. Yes, that cute and loud music. Isnt that cute enough?

I think I have more on the list, but I could not remember what. I love to see different practices of different school. Who knows I might use it later in the future. Like I have been always tell Noha, I want to have my own school, with my own practise of teaching, and of course not just focusing on academic, with my own selections of teachers. Hahaha. Dream big people, dream big!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Announcing the arrival of my first anak sedare =D

Assalamualaikum Baby's name : Faiq Adnin bin Mohd Faizan Weight : 3.3 kg T.O.B : 9.43pm (operation) D.O.B : 17th October 2008 Isn't he adorable? =D

Cikgu Elun?

Assalamualaikum The kid:what is rumah panjang, kak elun? Me: err..its like a row of houses..long houses..where more than 40 families live under the same roof..but then they have divider for each house..we can find it in Sabah or Sarawak, but not in Semenanjung The kid: What is Sabah, kak elun? *cane nk jawab ek* Me:err..its ok..one day, I will bring the Malaysia map and we will learn some places in Malaysia, ok? Well, that was part of the conversation we had today. I have to teach Bahasa Melayu to this eight year old kid. I would say his mother tongue is New Zealand English because he was born here, in Kiwi land. Since then, he went back to Malaysia just for a few times. So, it is understandable if he could not speak malay as the other malay kids at his age.Its quite fun though, because usually you learn english and have to translate it to malay in order to make you understand. But, in this situation, I have to translate the Malay word to the English word. Its like the other way around

2013 in a wrap!

Assalamualaikum people Life has been busy, life has been great All praises to Him for every second blessed with rahmah Alhamdulillah So its 2014 tomorrow. Lets recap what had happened along these amazing months in 2013. January 1. Celebrated my man's birthday for the first time, hundreds kilometers away of course. He was in Kuantan and I was in Johor. 2. Both of us were excited as he got an offer letter to a new workplace in KL, which means, we were getting closer in distance. February 1. During the Chinese New Year Break, we went to Tekam Plantation Resort together with his family. It is a great place for a short getaway from city. It is really cold early in the morning as the place is surrounded by hundreds trees and somehow I felt like I was not in Malaysia. 2. On the 4th February ( SEMSAS 9802), my man is officially working in an oil and gas company in the heart of Kuala Lumpur city. So, good bye to the idea of settling down in Kuantan. Hellooooo KL! In the meantime, we alterna